- To organize, co-ordinate and promote educational, social, sports & cultural activities.
- To promote welfare by providing relief to the needy as well as differently-abled students in the form of educational, medical and/or other reliefs.
- To cater to the needs of society and nation by keeping in mind the importance of liberalization & globalization.
- To work for the achievement of holistic approach towards all round development of students’ personalities through curriculum interventions, employability courses and career guidance & mentoring system.
- To ensure active participation of students, teachers and other stakeholders for, academic, co-curricular and extra- curricular activities for their professional development.
- To provide opportunities to the staff and students to synergize their efforts & energies for the progress of the Institution through continuous faculty development interventions.
- To impart value-based education to the students.
- To provide equal access & opportunities to the underprivileged groups like the linguistic minority & socially, educationally, economically & physically disadvantaged strata of society.
- To promote communal harmony in the society & by celebrating different festivals & various social functions in order to promote the same.
Strength, Weakness, Opportunities and Challenges (SWOC)
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Science and Advocate Gurunath Kulkarni Commerce Mahavidyalaya – named after the great personality and father of Indian constitution.
- Location: In Vasai west near to western railway between Naigaon and Nallasopara Caters to the need of the learners staying in the vicinity of these two cities in the residential and industrial areas.
- Run by Pragat Samajik Shikshan Sanstha – an organization with its base in Maharashtra State, committed to national integration and upliftment of poor and needy students in the fields of education.
- Spacious Campus with excellent infrastructure.
- Continuous Power Supply and 24×7 Security Services.
- A well-equipped Library and Computer Laboratories.
- Supportive Management and an able Principal.
- Excellent, dedicated, competent faculty members with leadership qualities.
- Students who are sincere, enthusiastic, respectful and proactive.
- Vibrant work culture and a learner-centric approach.
- Good academic results with positive trends.
- Centralized administration with decentralized responsibilities.
- Active extension activities with social responsibilities.
- Expansion with the introduction of new programmes and job oriented courses.
- Active NSS.
- Orientation of newly admitted first year students.
- Active IQAC to maintain and enhance the quality of education.
- Inconvenience to students staying in remote village near Nallasopara and Virar due to lack of public transport.
- Poor Spoken English and Computer Skills of learners from rural background.
- No Adult Education and NCC activities.
- Financial constraints – the college is self-financed.
- Lack of Hostel Facilities.
- Insufficient Research output by the faculty.
- To bring the institution under Section 2F and 12B of UGC Act.
- Introduction of new courses such as M.Com (Accountancy) and more add-on courses.
- Introduction of the wing of Institute of Distance Education for employed learners.
- Financial constraints.
- Providing Mass transportation services.
Heavy competition from other established colleg